Last Updated on February 4, 2021 by Editorial Team
QuickBooks Error code 557 occurs during the use of QuickBooks Payroll or the QuickBooks workforce. This error generally occurs at the time of downloading the Payroll updates when the user upgrades it to the new version of QuickBooks. This error is somehow a common error that is faced by the users. In this error, the user will be shown a message in which it is written that QuickBooks has encountered a problem and it needs to be closed. This error occurs in Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
What are the Causes And Solutions For QB Error 557
In this, you will be knowing about all the reasons why this error occurs and its solutions for solving the error.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 557
It is the error in which the user can’t able to work. This can be due to the wrong configuration settings. This error can also occur due to some file which gets corrupted. If in case, the ambiguity in the window system, then this issue will occur which will result in incorrect input or deletion of the important files from the directory. Due to this error, you can damage your PC. The causes of error are:
- There may be an improper deleting process of the programs and hardware.
- You have not installed QuickBooks software properly on your PC.
- There may be improper shutting down of the computer system.
- Uninstallation of the various application is not done properly.
- Viruses, Malware, Spyware, or adware attacks can be done on a computer system.
QuickBooks Payroll system is very useful because it keeps all the employee salary and working hours information, so it should be kept Payroll system up to date
Solutions for Fixing the QuickBooks Code 557 Error
Before preceding to the solutions you need to keep some important points in mind that:
- Assume that you are having an activated subscription to the QuickBooks Payroll software.
- A good and sufficient internet data should be present with high-speed accuracy.
- After correcting the issue your software will start working correctly and you will able to download the Payroll updates which are rolled out by the company for the software.
Solution 1- Update QuickBooks Desktop to New Release
You need to update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release so that you can get new features that are added in the version in your QuickBooks Desktop as soon as possible.
Solution 2- Rebuilt your Computer System
You have to restore your computer by which this error can be removed:
- Firstly, restart your computer system and then login as administrator.
- Then you have to click on the start option from the taskbar.
- In this step, you need to click on the programs and then you have to click on accessories.
- After this, you have to go to the system tool possible.
- Now, you have to click on the system restore.
- Then, a new window will get open in front of you and there will be a restore option to your system click on it.
- In this step, you can able to see the list on your PC in which you can see on the list click a restore point.
- Now you have to remember one thing, that you need to choose the foremost recent time for restoring your PC.
- After this, you need to wait for few seconds and you will get a confirmation window, where you have to click on the Next button.
- Then you can restore the process of your PC is beginning.
- At last, you have to wait for completing the task, and after completing this process restart your PC.
This process is simple and your problem can be resolved. But if the error is not solved then you can follow further solutions.
Solution 3- Update your Software using Control Panel
You need to update the software by using the control panel as by the following steps:
- Firstly, you have to go to the start menu and then you have to type control panel.
- In this step, you have to double click on the control panel and then you need to click on the uninstall a program.
- After this, you have to update all the software which you have installed in your system.
- At last, you have to complete the update process and again restart your computer.
Solution 4- Update your Software using Control Panel
You have to update your computer system antivirus every month and yearly millions of viruses run on the internet. So, it is possible that viruses can affect your computer or even can damage your software or window. So, you need to update your antivirus and can detect viruses and then repair them.
You have to keep one thing in mind that you have to keep a check on antivirus at an interval of time to avoid viruses and damage to the computer.
Solution 5- Run your QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor automatically fixes all the glitches and obstacles in your business work. If you are using a file doctor then, you don’t need to worry about your damaged company file and also about the connection problem. If you found any problem while opening your company file such as QuickBooks Error (H101, H202, H303, H505, -6000, -305, -6150, -6147, and many more).
- Firstly, you have to click on the company file issues option from the QuickBooks tool hub.
- After that, you need to press the run QuickBooks file doctor. It will take less than one minute to open. And, if the QuickBooks File Doctor does not launch then find the QuickBooks Desktop file doc and launch it yourself manually.
- In this step, you have to choose the QuickBooks file from the drop-down list in the QuickBooks file doctor. If you didn’t find your file then, search your file.
- Then, you need to choose the check your file and then click on continue.
- At last, you need to type your QuickBooks admin password and then you have to click on Next.
The scan time will be on your file size. Mostly, it will take up to 5 minutes. After the scanning is done, open QuickBooks and open the company file. Sometimes your problem might be resolved even if it says the scan was unsuccessful.
Solution 6- The last solution is Do Backup of QuickBooks
Here are the steps by which you can do a back up of your QuickBooks:
- First, you have to turn on your computer system and then press Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard, and then you have to press enter.
- Then, you have to see the permission panel.
- In this step, you have to click on the yes option.
- After this, you can see that the recording machine will get open where you have to type Regedit, and then you have to press enter.
- Now you need to click on your QuickBooks error code 557.
- Then you can click on the export from the file menu.
- After that, you have to save it to the folder where you have to avoid wasting the QuickBooks backup key.
- Now you have to click on the right branch before you choose to export.
- At last, finally, you have to click on the save option.
This article will help you resolve QuickBooks error code 557 as here you can see different methods to resolve this issue in QuickBooks. But if in case you face any issue or facing any problem then you can contact QuickBooks ProAdvisor and can get the instant and best solutions to your problem.