Last Updated on February 1, 2021 by Editorial Team
QuickBooks is accounting software that is used all over the world but sometimes while updating the Payroll files, users face QuickBooks error 15270 code. This is a common problem that can be solved by troubleshooting methods.
What is QuickBooks Payroll 15270 Error with its Causes and Symptoms
QuickBooks Payroll 15270 code error occurs when the users try to download the updates or set up files in the QuickBooks Payroll. Even this error can also occur when Intuit relates the software program such as QuickBooks is running during the window startup or closure or even during the installation of the window operating system.
When this error occurs a message is shown on the screen that QuickBooks error 15270: Payroll update is not completed successfully. But here, you should know that the update is missing a file because of which this error is occurring.
What are the Causes Of QuickBooks 15270 Error
There are some reasons because of which this error can occur. The reasons are:
- There may be a poor internet connection, lack of memory, and termination of the program.
- If you are not having Internet Explorer as your default browser.
- The system can fail to download all the updated files.
- If the user account settings are turned on then it will create an issue.
- They may be improper subscription details or improper subscription.
- You must be having improper or the corrupted program files.
- Even the firewalls or the anti-virus programs can block the server communications.
- There may be improper or corrupted program files or incomplete installation will be affected on the downloading QuickBooks and installing work. There should be some components that will help in smoothing functioning.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks 15270 Payroll Error
- When the error will occur, it will crash all your active programs that are running on your desktop window.
- Even this error can crash your computer if there will be running a similar program.
Methods To Solve the QB Error 15270 Code
For solving this issue here are the solutions by which your issues can be solved easily. But before that, you can use these steps to remove this error 15270. They are:
- First, you have to update your file regularly at intervals of time. And then the user needs to confirm by clicking on the update complete button.
- Then you have to start the QuickBooks software and then you have to apply all the changes as per your business needs.
- At last, you have to be sure that you are having the genuine version of the QuickBooks software.
Method 1:- Download all the Payroll Updates
By downloading all the Payroll updates your error can be solved. So, the steps for downloading the Payroll updates are given below:
- First, you have to restart the QuickBooks and then the QuickBooks update service window will get open and then click on install later.
- Now, you have to choose the help option and then you have to click on update QuickBooks.
- In this step, you have to go to the updated QuickBooks window and then click on the update now option. In this:
- You have to click on the reset update option checkbox before you click on the get update button.
- Then you have to click on ok to confirm the reset.
- After this step, when the update will get complete, the get update button will be getting activated and the word update complete will be shown below. After this, you have to restart your QuickBooks again.
- Then the QuickBooks update service message will appear on the screen, you have to click on the install now option and then the update should be installed successfully.
- At last, you have to go to the employee option from where you have to click on get Payroll updates to try to install Payroll updates again. But you have to be sure that you have downloaded all the Payroll updates and are selected and then click on update.
Method 2:- Check for your Active Subscription
You need to check that your subscription is activated or not the basic, standard or enhanced Payroll and Assisted Payroll.
Steps to check active subscription in Basic, Standard, or Enhanced Payroll
- First, you have to go to the employees.
- In this step, you have to click on my Payroll settings.
- After this, you have to click on account/billing information or the account information or preferences.
- Then, you have to sign in to your Intuit account for viewing the QuickBooks Payroll account maintenance page and also verify your subscription status that it is active.
Steps to check active subscription in Assisted Payroll
- First, you have to go to the employees.
- In this step, you have to click on my Payroll settings.
- Then, you have to click on account/billing information or the account information or preferences.
- After this, when QuickBooks Payroll account maintenance will get open, you have to close the screen to immediately do an update and then re-validation of your Payroll services.
Method 3:- Check for your EIN and service key
If you face this error, then it can be due to using social security numbers instead of employer identification numbers (EINs) and errors can occur if you have not entered the service key also. Even you are able to check these items in QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 4:- Run Quick fix my program
There are two steps for running the Quick fix my program. They are discussed below one by one:-
Step 1- You have to download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
In this, the QuickBooks tool hub used to help us to fix all the common errors easily. But if you want a better result then you can use Tool Hub on windows 10, 64-bit.
- First, you have to close the QuickBooks.
- In this step, you have to download the most recent version 18.104.22.168 for the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Then you have to save the file anywhere as per your comfort. But if you have already installed the tool hub before you can find out which version you are having.
- Then you have to select the home tab.
- After that, you are able to see the version as it will be displayed on the bottom right or you can even click on about to view the version.
- Now you have to open the file which you have downloaded will be with an extension (.exe).
- Then you have to follow the on-screen steps for installing and then agree to the terms and conditions.
- After this step, when the installation will get finished you have to double click on the icon on your Windows desktop for opening the tool hub.
But if you are not able to find the option there at that time you have to search in Windows for the QuickBooks Tool Hub option and then you have to click on the program.
Step 2- Run Quick Fix my Program
In this, Quick fix will be shutting down any continuing background processes of QuickBooks may be using. Even it will run a quick repair on your program.
- First, you have to go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub, and then you have to click on the program problems.
- And finally, you have to click on the Quick fix my program option.
Method 5:- Verify the Default Browser and the Internet Connections
You need to check for the default browser that there should be an Internet browser as your default browser. Here are steps discussed below for checking are:
- First, you have to be sure that Internet Explorer is set as your default browser and you can set it by opening the Internet options menu by choosing the program option. Then you can see under the default web browser and then click on the make default button.
- Then you need to switch your internet connection from the wifi or wireless to hardwire.
- And even you need to temporarily turn off the user account controls by turning off the user account control in Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 users only.
Method 6:- Repair your QuickBooks Desktop
You can run the repair tool for your QuickBooks Desktop for resolving this solution as:
- First, you have to go back to your company file.
- In this step, you have to restart your company and then you have to check that there is no program that will affect the repair.
- After this, you have to open the window start menu and then you have to click on the control panel. Remember that if you are using Windows 8 or 8.1 then you have to search for the control panel in the window start menu.
- Now you have to click on the programs and features and then click on uninstall for uninstalling the program. But if you are not able to see the programs and features then you have to click on programs instead and then click on programs and features.
- Then you have to click on QuickBooks from the list of programs and then you have to uninstall or change.
- After this, you have to click on continue or click on next.
- Now, you have to click on repair and then click on next. But one thing you have to keep one thing in mind that the repair should start right away but it will take a time to finish. Then you can leave it running and then have to come back once it will be done.
- In this step, when you have done, now you have to click on finish.
- Lastly, you need to update your QuickBooks to the latest version. Then you have to verify that you should have the most recent files and security updates.
Method 7:- Perform a clean install in Selective Startup
It is compulsory to do a clean install in the selective startup as this mode enables you to start Windows which will only select items running on your computer. Set up the selective startup, and perform a clean install by the following steps:
- First, you have to press Windows + R from your keyboard for opening the run command.
- In this step, you have to type MSConfig and then click on ok.
- Now, you have to go to the general tab and then you have to click on the selective start-up and the local system services.
- After this, you have to go to the services tab and then you have to click on the hide all the Microsoft services.
- And at last, you have to click on the disable all.
This article will help you in fixing the QuickBooks Payroll error 15270 codes as here you can see different methods to resolve this issue in QuickBooks. But if in case you face any issue or facing any problem then you can contact QuickBooks ProAdvisor and can get the instant and best solutions to your problem.