QuickBooks Features make it the best accounting software for small businessmen comparing with other accounting software. It also manages your all business accounts, payments, taxes, and many more. If you try to import the customer list to Outlook in QuickBooks and you don’t know how to import the customer list. So this helps you to import your data list to Outlook in QuickBooks. There was another way which imports your data just dial our QuickBooks Support Phone Number and ask for the solution to your problem. Our expert team helps you to import your data without wasting your time.
Points to remember before you import contacts from Outlook
- In case the file imported incorrectly and you have to re-import it, the list of your customer or supplier would not be overwritten. So if you want to avoid duplicate entries, remove the imported customers or suppliers before re-importing again, or edit each one by one.
- The Name field entries should be identical. Any other supplier, customer, or employee can’t have the entry with the same name as one another.
- The size limit of the file is 2MB or 1000 rows. In case you have to import a larger list than this, you will have to split it up into multiple imports.
- Remember that you can not import subaccounts. So before importing, convert subaccounts into parent accounts. You can convert them back after the import.
- One import supports a single email address, though users can add on later.
Import Customer list to Outlook
Below I tell you the steps which you can apply in your QuickBooks software to import your data. So you can just follow my steps.
Step 1: Export and change client information
You have to export your customer information to Excel and then convert it to CSV format.
- Export customer data from QB to Excel.
- Open the Excel file after exporting the customer information.
- On the Excel workbook, select the file, then choose Save As.
- Save as: Select the drop-down, then choose CSV (comma delimited).
- Rename the file so that you can separate it from the original Excel file.
- Click on the Save Button.
- This will open a dialog box and choose Ok/Yes.
Step 2: Name the data range
Once you save the customer information, you can name the date range:
- Open the saved customer list report in Excel.
- Highlight the entire block of reports from the column headings through the shipping address to your top customer.
- Choose the formula from above, then define the name. The name of this category is QBData.
- Choose OK, then the Save icon.
- Close the file.
Step 3: Import Customer list to Outlook
After you name the data range, you can import the data.
- In Microsoft Outlook, select the file, then open and export.
- Choose Import / Export to open the Import / Export Wizard.
- Choose the Import from another program or file, then Next.
- Select the Comma Separated Values and then click on the Next button. Note: In this scenario, the comma-separated values (CSV file) is an Excel file you created.
- Browse to open the CSV file that includes your customer contact list report.
- Select the folder which you want to target. Ideally, that is a newly created contact information folder, then choose Next.
- Select the file to import and choose the Map custom field.
How To Add List?
- From the Lists menu, click on Add/Edit Multiple List Entries.
- Select the list that you want to add to or edit.
- Go to your CSV file and mark the list of names you want to import.
- Now copy the list.
- Then go back to the list, then click on the first empty row and paste the data into the list.
- Now, select Save Changes.
Steps To Map Custom Field:
- Drag to the customer or full name.
- Drag the billing address to the billing address, home address, or other address.
- The shipping address to one of the other address fields.
- Drag the phone number to the business phone.
- Scroll right to the window until you see + E-mail address.
- Select the plus icon (+).
- Drag the email to the email address.
- Choose ok then finish
You can find some easy steps by following which you can import customer lists to outlook in QuickBooks. If you are a new user, and if you need more detail about QB, simply contact our QuickBooks Online Support professionals.