Last Updated on December 15, 2020 by Editorial Team
QuickBooks can import all your bank transactions and organize them. So we can automate accounting tasks like entering transactions, organizing data, and performing the calculations to keep your books balanced. The QuickBooks Provide many varieties of features like accounting payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and the financial report. It allows you to locate your information from any computer with an internet link using your secure login. But that’s a software and sometimes some technical and non-technical errors come in it then it’s not working properly like as-
Suppose you are working on an important file in QuickBooks and an error appears out of nowhere that ruins your work progress. Even if contacting an expert is highly recommended it is essential that you do not panic and find a way to recover lost data. QuickBooks users around the world have reported this issue, so the team came up with a new feature called QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery. In this blog, we will talk about this feature in detail and help you use it.
Auto Data Recovery Feature
The goal of the Auto Data Recovery protects the files from the corrupted and damaged files. At first, it featured only for the QuickBooks Premier and QuickBooks Pro. But now that’s available for the Enterprise version. With the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery feature, users can be assured that their data will remain protected and will not be lost. It provides peace of mind to users and enables them to perform important tasks without worry. Like QuickBooks file doctor tool which helps users identify and correct errors. The QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery feature offers data security while ensuring a simplified accounting experience.
Here are Some Points that Need to Remember by Users
- The Auto Data features are available only in QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, and QuickBooks Enterprise.
- This feature is presently unavailable in the QuickBooks Online.
- If users want to find this feature on the QuickBooks Accountant Edition then you can not find it.
- If the user’s data is more than 1.5 GB then this QuickBooks auto data recovery can’t take backup.
- You need to time to time update your software if you want to full advantage of these features.
How does QuickBooks ADR work
When users open a QuickBooks company file, the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery feature will perform some internal computing on the file just after an hour. In case your opened file has passed the tests, the software ensures that this is the right file and a backup copy of the file is made into the Auto Data Recovery folder.
Once the backup copy is made, the Auto Data Recovery transaction log will save all transactions contains in the file. After every 12 hours, when the first copy is made, QuickBooks creates another copy of that file. This will not occur in case you do not have QuickBooks open. Then it will happen only next time when you start your desktop program. So till now, you can get two copies, an older one and a newer copy that has been created within 24 hours.
How To Recover Data With The Help Of QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
Solution1. You Can Use of . TLG file with the .QBW .ADR file
- You can recover everything from the data Transaction Log File with the help of the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery File.
- In this process, you first need to create a new folder on your computer and the new folder name QB Test.
- Now you need to open the folder that has your file.
- After that, you need to file copy, and paste to the Qb Test folder which is available on your computer
You need Stay Updated on the File Extension
- You first need to use the Windows+E shortcut for opening the My Computer window and Choose Folder Options.
- In that case, if you have Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 then you need to select the View option and choose Filename.
- After that, you can choose the Hide Extensions option for the known files.
- Then you reach with Apply and OK.
- Now you need to open the folder that contains the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery file.
- After that Copy and Paste the QBW.ADR file to the QB Test folder
- You must need to Rename the QBW.ADR file that you saved in the QB Test folder. Then you can remove it.ADR from the file name.
- Open QuickBooks company file and check all transactions are there.
- After that, you can use the Run window to check the authenticity of the company file.
- Now you need to change the location of the damaged company file and then safely copy the file from the QB Test folder to the original location.
Solution 2. You Can Use Both .QBW and .TLG ADR Files
In this process, the user uses the.QBW and .TLG ADR file. But in this process only those transactional recoveries which have been done in 24 hours.
- Your first need is to go to and Generate a folder on your computer system’s desktop.
- Then you need to create a New Folder on your Desktop and name it as QB Test.
- After that, you need to Open the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder and copy the.TLG and. QBW files.
- And in the last paste those files in the QB Test folder.
Now that you are sensible of how QuickBooks help and improve your productivity. So we are sure you must be wondering which service provider to contact. We’re a team of experts providing error-resolution as well as QuickBooks solutions. To learn more about our QuickBooks plans and get in touch with us by calling us at +1-877-326-5998.