Last Updated on February 8, 2021 by Editorial Team
Quickbooks Error 15106 shown when a Quickbooks user is unable to download updates of QuickBooks Desktop editions. The error message that will be shown to the users on the screen is ‘Unable to open the update program’ or ‘The update program might be damaged’. In other words, it is a kind of Payroll problem that does not allow the user to update the software.
So, learn how this QB error 15106 occurs and solutions to resolve it.
Reasons for QuickBooks Update Error 15106
This error can be caused due to the following reasons:
- There may be Spy Sweeper in the WebRoot Antivirus Program:- If you have Spy Sweeper installed in your desktop system, then that is causing the QuickBooks Error 15106 to arise. It stops QuickBooks from upgrading and takes it as malware that downloads unwanted files.
- You didn’t log in with the username that has administrator rights:- Business Administrators or the admin is a person who has the right to edit or modify important entries of a desktop system such as programs, records, adding or adjusting Quickbooks user accounts, etc. You require to have admin access to install or update any program. Thus, if by any chance you log-in by using any other username, the software will show a problem.
- You are not having to enable UAC settings:- This helps in preventing harmful programs and software from making changes to your device. But if you didn’t enable it then the harmful programs and software may affect your device.
Solutions for Resolving the QB 15106 Error
Any user can able to find whether these discussed above reasons are creating error. If they are creating an error or may be due to another reason this error is occurred you can solve it by just following the below steps.
But before that, you have to keep one thing in mind that if you are using a QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscription, then you have to download the QuickBooks Payroll tax table after each and every step to keep checking that your Payroll information is not affected.
Solution 1: Uninstall Antivirus Application And Rename the Folders
Here you will get the step for checking spy sweeper running, checking for webroot sweeper, and also steps for renaming the QuickBooks update folder.
Check if Spy Sweeper is Running
- Firstly, you need to press ‘Ctrl+Esc+Alt’ with the help of your keyboard in order to open the Task Manager.
- After this, it will display the “More Details” options at the bottom of the window and then you have to click on them.
- Now, you need to click on “Processes” and then check whether or not “SpySweeper.exe” is continuously running.
Verify you don’t have a Webroot spyware sweeper
- First, you have to log into your computer as an administrator.
- Then you have to press “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” on your keyboard.
- Now, you have to go to the “Process tab”
- After this, you need to go to the following screen and also look for “Spy Sweeper.exe”
- If you find this extension on the screen below, then you have to click on it.
- In this step, you need to click on “Final Process”.
- Now, you need to go to “Add / Remove Programs” in Windows.
- At last, you need to look for “Webroot Spyware Sweeper” and then completely uninstall the program.
Steps For Renaming the QuickBooks Update Folder
- First, you have to press Windows key + E with the help of your keyboard for opening the file explorer.
- Then you have to go to the C:\ProgramFiles\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components. But for the 64-bit users you have to go to the C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components.
- After this, you have to right-click on the downloadqbXX folder and then click on the rename. But you should know that XX stands for the year version of you QuickBooks.
- At last, you need to add the .old at the end of the name.
Solution 2: Log- In as a Computer Administrator
- If you are logged in to the computer administrator but as a different user then:
- Firstly, you have to right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Then you need to click on the run as administrator. By this, you can able to change the access to an administrator.
- If you are not logged-in to an administrator account, then log in by these steps:
- Firstly, you need to click on the start menu.
- Then, you can see on the bottom right side an arrow, you have to click on that arrow.
- After this, you need to click on the switch user option.
- At last, you have to enter your admin id and password and you can easily switch to your admin account.
Solution 3: Perform a clean install in Selective Startup
It is compulsory to do a clean install in the selective startup as this mode enables you to start Windows which will only select items running on your computer. Set up the selective startup, and perform a clean install by the following steps:
- First, you have to press Windows + R from your keyboard for opening the run command.
- In this step, you have to type MSConfig and then click on ok.
- Now, you have to go to the general tab and then you have to click on the selective start-up and the local system services.
- After this, you have to go to the services tab and then you have to click on the hide all the Microsoft services.
- And at last, you have to click on the disable all.
Solution 4: Update QuickBooks to Latest version
You can update the QuickBooks to the latest version by the following steps:
- First, you need to go to the help menu.
- Then you have to click on ‘Update QuickBooks’.
- Now, click on options, and then click on the Mark All button.
- After that, you need to click on the save option, and then click on the update now option.
- In this step, you have to click on the reset update, and then click on the update button.
- Now, you have to close the QuickBooks after the update is completed.
- At last, you need to right-click on the QuickBooks icon, and then click on run as administrator.
Solution 5: Stop the Power Programs
You need to stop using the power programs as:
- Firstly, you have to open your task manager.
- Then you need to click on the processes tab.
- After that, you need to select QuickBooks or Intuit.
- Now, you have to click on the end task/end process at the bottom.
- At last, you have to open QuickBooks again.
Solution 6: Disable the User Account Control (UAC) Settings
For the Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 you can follow the steps for turning off the UAC settings:
- Firstly, you need to press Windows + R keys with the help of your Keyboard for opening the run window.
- Then you have to type the control panel and then click on ok.
- After this, you need to click on the user accounts and then you have to click on the user account that is a classic view.
- In this step, you need to click on the change user account control settings. But you have to keep one thing in mind that if you are prompted by UAC then you need to click on yes for continuing it.
- Now, you need to move the slider as:
- Here you need to set to never notify and then click on ok for turning off UAC.
- You can set it to always notify and then click on ok for turning on the UAC. Here if it displays a message by UAC, then you have to click on yes to continue further.
- At last, you need to restart your computer.
These steps will hopefully resolve QuickBooks Error 15106 for you. But if they don’t, then please uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop software from your PC.
If you have any questions or queries related to the blog, don’t think twice and get in touch with us. Our QuickBooks ProAdvisor takes each customer query seriously and works towards solving issues in a rapid manner.