QuickBooks Error 1618 is an error that you encounter when you try to install your QuickBooks software.QuickBooks Error 1618 is one of such installation errors Now, it is still undoubtedly one of the top Accounting and Financial management software out there because you can get 24×7 support services for any issue with your QuickBooks. To get support services for your QuickBooks, all you have to do is call on the toll-free QuickBooks Support Number.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error 1618
- An error 1618 message appears on the window.
- Pc crashes often
- Windows starts running slowly and slowly
- The computer sometimes stops for a few seconds
Cause of QuickBooks Error 1618
- If the Quick Software installation is incomplete or corrupt.
- The Windows registry may be corrupted.
- If Windows system files or QuickBooks-related files are infected due to a malware or virus attack.
- Another Quick-related program file has been deleted by mistake or maliciously.
Fix QuickBooks Error 1618 with easy steps.
QuickBooks error 1618 may be due to a variety of causes. Therefore, it is important that each possible cause is resolved to prevent the error from recurring. You can follow the steps given below to resolve the error.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Download Install QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- After downloading, save this file on the desktop.
- Double-click on the tool to access it.
- The tool will automatically detect the error and fix it.
Solution 2: Reinstall the Microsoft Runtime Library
When trying this solution, you are advised to consult a Windows expert or computer manufacturer. Since the following steps mainly focus on the Windows operating system which is not a product of Intuit.
- Download the Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable Package. Choose Microsoft Visual C ++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) only when your PC is 32 bits.
- Choose Microsoft Visual C ++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64) only when your PC is 64 bit.
- Save the downloaded package to the desktop.
- Re-create the downloaded package as exe or vcredist_X86.exe.
- After that, follow the instructions.
- Restart the PC and reinstall QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Check for MSIEXEC.EXE instances in the background
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete simultaneously and choose Task Manager.
- Launch Processes.
- Reset the list alphabetically order in the Image name column.
- Select the Processes with the name of EXE and select End Process.
- Shut down Task Manager.
- Reopen Task manager.
If you want to check if MSIEXEC.EXE is running in the background, reboot your PC by performing the steps written above. Usually after rebooting the PC, finish this process.
Solution 4: Create a backup for the Windows registry
- Go to the Windows taskbar and choose Start.
- Click on the run command.
- In the search field, type Regedit.
- Choose My Computer
- Open the File menu and choose Export.
- In the Export Range, select All Options.
- Save Windows registry backup on desktop.
- Once the backup is created, remove the keys.
- Deleting the keys will cause all of its sub-keys to be deleted.
Solution 5: update the version of windows installer
- Log in to your PC as an administrator.
- Check whether the Windows Installer has been updated.
- Choose My Computer
- Run the location C: \ drive, “C: \ WINDOWS \ system32”.
- Keep the exe file and right-click on this file.
- Choose Properties> Version.
- Then, you will have all the information about the version of Windows Installer.
- If you are accessing an older version of your software, update the software.
- Reboot pc
We can discuss in this blog about QuickBooks Error 1618 and how to fix it. If you need instant solutions so pick your phone and dial Our QuickBooks Support phone number and you can also get more detail about QuickBooks and its all-new features. I hope my all solution steps are helpful for all QuickBooks users they faced these types of errors in QuickBooks.