QuickBooks Error 1618 is an error that you may encounter when you try to install your QB software. QuickBooks Error 1618 is one of such installation errors. Now, QB is still undoubtedly one of the top accounting and financial management software out there because 24×7 support services are available for fixing QB related issues. To get QB support services just dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Number.
Which Message Is Displayed?
Normally users get QuickBooks Error 1618 on the system while they run the setup program to install QuickBooks software on their system. Even while installing or updating these programs, you can see the error message visible on your computer screen. Most of the time an error message shows on your system saying There was a problem installing Microsoft Runtime Library (Error 1618).
When you are trying to install or update, one of the following error messages are displayed such as:
Error 1618: There was a problem while installing Microsoft Runtime Library.
Error 1618. “INSTALLATION_ALREADY_RUNNING” error message while running the Setup program.
What Are The Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 1618
- An error 1618 message appears on the window.
- Pc crashes often
- Windows starts running slowly and slowly
- The computer sometimes stops for a few seconds
Why QuickBooks Error 1618 Appear?
- If the QB Software installation is incomplete or corrupt.
- Corrupted Windows registry.
- Infected Windows system files or QB-related files due to a malware or virus attack.
- Another Quick-related program file has been deleted by mistake or maliciously.
Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error 1618
QuickBooks error 1618 may be due to a variety of causes. Therefore, it is important that each possible cause is resolved to prevent the error from recurring. You can follow the steps given below to resolve the error.
Solution 1: Run QB Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Download Install QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool.
- After downloading, save this file on the desktop.
- Double-click on the tool to access it.
- The tool will automatically detect the error and fix it.
Solution 2: Reinstall the Microsoft Runtime Library
When trying this solution, you are advised to consult a Windows expert or computer manufacturer. Since the following steps mainly focus on the Windows operating system which is not a product of Intuit.
- Firstly, download the MS Visual C ++ Redistributable Package.
- Choose MS Visual C ++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) only when your PC is 32 bits.
- Select MS Visual C ++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64) only when your PC is 64 bit.
- Also save the downloaded package to the desktop.
- Then re-create the downloaded package as exe or vcredist_X86.exe.
- After that, follow the instructions.
- Restart the PC and reinstall QB.
Solution 3: Check MSIEXEC.EXE instances in the background
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete simultaneously and choose Task Manager.
- Then launch Processes.
- Reset the list alphabetically order in the Image name column.
- Select the Processes with the name of EXE and then click on End Process.
- Shut down Task Manager.
- Reopen Task manager.
If you want to check if MSIEXEC.EXE is running in the background, reboot your PC by performing the steps written above. Usually after rebooting the PC, process finishes.
Solution 4: Create a backup for the Windows registry
- First of all, go to the Windows taskbar and then choose Start.
- Click on the run command.
- In the search field, type Reg edit.
- Then select My Computer
- Open the File menu and then click on Export.
- In the Export Range, select All Options.
- Save Windows registry backup on desktop.
- Remove the keys once the backup is created.
- Deleting the keys will cause all of its sub-keys to be deleted.
Solution 5: Update the version of windows installer
- Log in to your PC as an administrator.
- Check whether the Windows Installer has been updated.
- Choose My Computer
- Run the location C: \ drive, “C: \ WINDOWS \ system32”.
- Keep the exe file and right-click on this file.
- Choose Properties> Version.
- Then, you will have all the information about the version of Windows Installer.
- If you are accessing an older version of your software, update the software.
- Reboot pc
In this blog, we have discussed about QuickBooks Error 1618 and how to fix it. If you need instant solutions so pick your phone and dial our QuickBooks Error Support Number and get solutions to fix this error immediately. You can also get more information about QB and its advanced features.