Have you received the error message “QuickBooks Error 6144 82” while working on the QuickBooks application? This error does not allow you to open corrupt QB-files and perform any task through the main computer or other computers. Here you will be able to resolve the error. Follow the steps described in the blog and resolve the error. With the help of some troubleshooting steps, you can easily fix the error, but it is recommended to seek help from QuickBooks Technical Support Number, available 24 hours online.
QuickBooks Error Code 6144-82 Description:
- Error Number: Error 6144 82
- 6144 82 Explanation of Error: It must be closed and the problem is encountered.
- Applies to: Window 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP.
- Error Name: QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6144 82
The following are the main Symptoms of this error code:
- After showing the error code 6144 82, it will crash your open application.
- It takes a PC a long time to run a program like this.
- A window may appear to display the following message: “Error-6144 -82: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and wants to close it. We have a tendency to avoid inconvenience.”
- Windows slows down response time and it responds slow to any user input.
- The computer may freeze for a while
Reason Behind of QuickBooks Error 6144 82
- Incomplete download of QuickBooks software.
- Registry corrupt due to recent installation.
- Accidental deletion of QB files by another program.
- Changes or modifications to the network connection as a result of any error.
- Damage to hard disk or RAM can cause data and file loss
QuickBooks error 6144 82 is often caused by wrongly configured system settings and any irregularities in the windows registry. This error can be easily fixed by following the below steps
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6144 82
There have four methods to solved Error 6144 82.
Solution 1:- To set the user permission.
- Go to the company tab in QuickBooks
- Click on the users.
- Click on the Set Up Users and Roles
- Type the password in QuickBooks to access the information.
- From the user list now, choose the information.
- Change the function according to the requirement.
Solution 2:- Windows error repair tool.
- Download Windows application tool
- Get and install the application.
- To find out and get deviation, click on scan now
- To fix all problems, click Repair All
Solution 3:- To rename.TLD and.ND files
- Go to the location of the company files and rename them.TLG and.ND files.
- Right-click QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- To start it, click on the Start button.
- Click on programs
- Select on programs
- Choose program
- Select QuickBooks Data Server Manager.
- Choose the folder where the QuickBooks file exists.
- Scan the folder and open the file now
Solution 4:- Repair your windows registry
- Click on the Start button.
- Enter the command in the search box and do not press enter
- Hold CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, press Enter.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click on Yes.
- A black box opens.
- Type Regedit and press enter in the keyboard.
- Select 6144 82 related errors in Registry Editor.
- From the File menu and select the Export option.
- Select the folder where you want to save the QuickBooks backup key, save to the list.
- Type a name for your backup file, such as QuickBooks Backup Key, in the File name box,
- Ensure that the selected branch is selected in the Export Range box.
- Click on Save.
- Saved the file with the reg file extension.
- Now you have a backup of the registry entry associated with your QuickBooks.
We hope that at least one method helps you to fix QuickBooks error 6144 82. If you are unsuccessful to reach out to the problem, please contact us. Our team is available 24/7 to ensure that we provide all the issues for you.
We can provide much-needed help and support through phone and live chat options. Therefore, please do not hesitate to contact us and whenever there is a problem, just dial our QuickBooks Support toll-free number.