Last Updated on December 15, 2020 by Editorial Team
If you ever encounter QuickBooks Error 80070057 then, this article will help in fixing this error. You will find an easy, instant, and effective solution to resolve this error which is through QuickBooks Recovery Tool. The QuickBooks Error 80070057 generated when the user tries to open the file from a workstation located on a server or a Host Computer. And, this is also mentioned as QuickBooks Multi-user mode. Just follow this blog, you will definitely get the solution.
Also, the QuickBooks error code 80070057 displays that the manager is facing error 80070057 while accessing the file. Moreover, it tells that the manager does not have access to edit or delete the company file. But with the QuickBooks Recovery tool features which are user-friendly, and self-guiding you can properly fix this error.
Reasons of QuickBooks Error 80070057
There are many reasons but mostly it happens because of communication problems with the company files. But the main reason is Error 80070057 “the parameter is incorrect or the user does not have proper authentication”.
- You should open the file from inside QuickBooks Desktop instead of attempting to open the company file through double-clicking.
- And, the system may have some connectivity problems if you try to open the company file which is saved in some other folder.
- The third-party firewall is not properly applied.
- Some uncommon ports are blocked by antivirus named Bit Defender when the records are fluctuating through devices.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
When you try to open the company file the QuickBooks Error 80070057 or the parameter is not correctly shown.
Solution 1: Always Open the Company File correctly
You might avoid facing an error in case you are opening your company file correctly.
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose your company file.
- Click to Open.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks Desktop
Make sure you update your QuickBooks desktop to the attest version so it would have the updated features and solutions.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks with Admin Permissions
Verify that QuickBooks has enough permissions so it can run with the network without any problems.
- Begin with closing your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Right-click on the icon of QuickBooks.
- Now hit on the option to Run as administrator.
- In case your company file does not open automatically, choose the company file, then click to Open.
Solution 4: Shift the Company File to the Default location
- First of all close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Browse to find the location of the company file.
- Now, right-click to the company file (.QBW), then click on Copy option.
- Browse for the default location, right-click, and then choose Paste.
Location: C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files
- Now reopen your QuickBooks, then click to Find a company file.
- Hit on the Local Drives, then search the company file name.
- Choose your correct company file, then clock to Open.
Solution 5: Rename .nd file type
- In the beginning, log out from all the users and shut QuickBooks from all the computers.
- Sign in as Windows Administrator and find the company file folder.
- Then, find the .nd file having an issue that is related to the company file.
- When you locate the file then change the name of it or delete it. The file will be automatically created in both situations.
- Additionally, the QuickBooks network data file will catch new settings of the network to ensure the authorization on the workstation.
Solution 6: Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager
On the server system, open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and rescan the company file document.
- Enter QuickBooks Database Server Manager in the Windows taskbar and press on the icon button.
- Select the scan option or add a folder when you see the company file folder is listed.
- Then, browse the location of the folder and select the folder.
- Press scan just as recommended in the last step.
- In order to make the QuickBooks File Sharing, permission configures that makes it visible and accessible to all the QuickBooks workstations. And report the error issue related to the setting of the internet for QuickBooks or firewall or if QuickBooks is blocked by any antivirus.
- After that, try to open the file at the server computer and then on that computer that shows you the QuickBooks Error 80070057.
And, if the problem still does not solve then, you should contact the QuickBooks Support service.
Solution 7: Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
Do the clean QuickBooks installation and then install QuickBooks Desktop again. you can use Quickbooks clean install tool to take help with these steps.
Solution 8: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
You can also use QuickBooks File Doctor to get rid of this QuickBooks Error 80070057
Solution 9: Configure the Bit Defender
- Configure the Bit Defender for allowing the QuickBooks Desktop Communication.
- For that, you should open the Bit Defender 10.0 menu and select the Antivirus.
- Then, click on the Custom Level.
- And, click on the Exclude path from the scan.
- Then, you have to click on the Next Item.
- In the end, click on UNC drive or mapped drive which basically find the company file like “F:/”
This article will help to get rid of the QuickBooks Error 80070057. And the solutions we have provided here are totally effective for this error. You can also go for our customer service by the QuickBooks Online Support team. The QuickBooks Error 80070057 is only generated in rare situations. And these types of errors can be easily solved by just restarting your computer and restarting all the systems that are accessing the file in multi-user mode. Or, in the end, reinstall the QuickBooks application if this error still exists in the software. Otherwise, you can choose our service to get QuickBooks service. This error can also easily be solved by just downloading the QuickBooks File Doctor.