Are you unable to access a critical file in QB? This means that the file no longer exists in your computer system. This is an indication of QuickBooks Error H202. This is a type of issue that arises due to security or damaged file problems. If you need any support in order to fix this error, then dial our QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number and get solutions from our highly-experienced experts.
QuickBooks is the most widely used accounting tool that helps the users to keep better track of their financial transactions and taxes. The major causes associated with this issue include – connectivity, data, file and server-based issues. In this blog, we will discuss the reasons why QB error H202 occurs and how a user can get rid of this error easily.
QuickBooks Error H202
This company file is on another computer and needs some help connecting the QB.
In this blog, we will help you to resolve QuickBooks error H202. To overcome this error. you just follow the following troubleshooting steps:
- A firewall is preventing communication to the company file.
- Configuration settings are incorrect.
- The QB DBXX service has not been started.
- .Nd file is damaged.
- QBDBSM has some error.
- Not able to scan the QB file folder with the QB data server.
- Firstly, Quickbooks is running slow.
- Your system is not responding properly.
- QB users are not able to use it as the multi user environment.
- Unable to access the company file that is on another computer.
- Otherwise, you are directly seeing the QB Error H202.
Simple Methods To Get Rid Of QuickBooks Error H202
There are seven methods with the help of which you can get rid of QuickBooks Error H202. Here is a list of methods you should follow to resolve this problem:
Method – 1: Ensure Network Connectivity Configuration
- Firstly, open the QB application on all systems in which it is installed.
- Then, from the File menu, click on the option ‘Utilities’ and turn on hosting.
- Now, press the Windows key on your keyword and then type ‘This PC’ on the host computer.
- You will find the network option on the left side of the screen, click twice to ensure that all networks are properly displayed.
- Now, send a ping or message to all computers that have installed QB.
- Then, do the same to the system that is displaying the error.
- A ping test is possible only by using the command prompt.
- The command will be: Ping (Computer Name) + Enter.
Method – 2: Join the QB Server Information in the Windows Host File
- Now look at the Windows host file that will be available in the C drive.
- You need to use this method on all systems that are displaying an error.
- Once the file is found, double-click on it and use the Open with option and then select Notepad.
- Go through the end of the file and then enter the IP address.
- And enter the QB server name.
- Then save the file through the Save option.
Method – 3: Make use of the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool to Examine the Errors
- Check the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool in your accounting software. It is usually in-built and if it is not, you will need to download it.
- Then Install it and run it to scan.
- When the device is powered on note the IP address.
- Read all onscreen instructions from beginning to end.
- After that, if the error still exists.
- Open the company file once again to verify.
Method – 4: Configure QBDBSM
- Use the run window, type MSC and then select icon Services’ icon.
- A list of programs or services will appear from wherever you need to choose the QuickBooks Database Server Manager file. The file will appear in an abbreviated form, for example, QuickBooksDBxx.
- After searching the file, select the Stop ‘service option to disable the service.
- Click on the drop-down and choose the ‘Automatic’ Start checkbox.
- Open the QB tool and try to open the file again.
Method – 5: Change the Location of the Company File
- Before changing the location, it is important that you create a new folder in the C drive.
- If you can not find the company file, simple search. TLG file in the search box and when you find it, copy it.
- Now, open your new company file folder and paste your old company file there.
- Open your QuickBooks accounting software and try to open your company file in multi-user mode.
- Next time see if you can still see the problem.
Method – 6: Fix and Update your QuickBooks
- Open the control panel in your system and click on Programs and Features
- Then find the QuickBooks program from the list of programs.
- Select and open it
- You will see the option of Change/Repair from which you will have to click on Repair.
- In addition, you will also need to check if an update is pending. If any, update your software quickly and the problem will be removed automatically.
Method – 7: Rename all the ‘.TLG’ and ‘.ND’ Files
- Close QuickBooks on all computers.
- Shut down or shut down QB on all systems in which it is installed.
- Then, open the company file in the server or host computer
- Now you need to find all the files with ‘.TLG’ at the end and check if they are all displaying error H202.
- Rename all files showing that error and write OLD next to them.
- Then repeat all.ND files the same for and closes the folder containing the company file.
- This will hopefully eliminate the error and you will be able to create your own accounting tool without any hassle.
In brief, we can say that QuickBooks Error H202 is an error which occurs when you try to open the company file that is located on the another system. By implementing the above methods you can resolve this error. If you are still facing any issues then dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Number. Our highly-experienced experts will deliver timely solutions to help you to fix QuickBooks Error H202.