Last Updated on February 9, 2021 by Editorial Team
There are many situations in which users are not able to present physically everywhere to access any company file. For which they need the cloud service to perform their works. In this situation, you can use QuickBooks remote access tool. QuickBooks remote access tool is a QuickBooks service tool which use to provide users to access all the files and can able to do their work from anywhere by using another PC with the help of the internet.
So, you must be having many questions regarding that what is QuickBooks access tool and how can use it, and many more. This blog will help you to learn about this.
What is QuickBooks Remote Access Tool and its Benefits
QuickBooks remote access tool is a way by which a user can access and work remotely from any other computer. It just requires good internet speed. And it allows all the users to access emails, documents, and another important things, other than the work location.
It also performs the QuickBooks multi-user activity. You can transfer all the files and folders from one computer to another as per their need. And also you can able to print from the PC you are working remotely to the local printer.
Benefits of QB Remote Access Tool
There are some benefits of doing the work from the home with the help of the QuickBooks access tool. They are:
- You are allowed to copy and paste between the remote and the local PCs.
- The different users can work simultaneously on the same QuickBooks file with different PCs.
- Travel time and cost of office infrastructure are saved for accountants.
- You can easily print the documents from the remote system to the local printer.
- The clients and the managers can easily track the activities done by the accountants.
- You can easily transfer a file or a folder between the computers.
What is the Cost of Accessing: QuickBooks Remote Access Tool
If you want you can easily download Intuit’s official remote access website. You should be known that QuickBooks remote access is not free software you need to pay for it. It is available in two different versions as
- Full Desktop Access– which costs $7.95/month.
- QuickBooks Data Access– which costs $3.95/month.
What is the Cost of Accountants
There are different plans in the cost of accountants. They are:
- If you want to access only QuickBooks then you just need to pay $3.95/month per computer.
- But if you want to access only QuickBooks on the 10 computers then you need to pay $29.95/month per 10 computers.
If you want to access client computer files as software programs and documents, then
- You need to pay $7.95/month per computer.
- And you need to pay $69.95/month per 10 computers.
But yes one thing to remember that if you are using third-party QuickBooks remote access software from the market then it will also be working in the same manner as the QuickBooks remote access tool.
What are Support Remote Access to QuickBooks
In this, you will get to know about hosting QuickBooks Desktop on the cloud and QuickBooks Online:
Hosting QuickBooks Desktop on the Cloud
The QuickBooks which is already installed on the server of the hosting provider can easily be accessed by the authenticated user from any place with the help of the internet. In this, all features of the QuickBooks Desktop are available for the user. It also uses to support cross-device like desktop, smartphone, laptop, and other operations.
One important thing for you that this is the best option for professionals as well as businesses who need QuickBooks remote access frequently and it also requires improved relationships or the tie-up between the users.
QuickBooks Online Hosting
QuickBooks Online hosting totally works on the cloud. You can able to access it from any device from anywhere with the help of the internet and start working on your accounting task. The clients who are working on it at the same time will always depend on the plan they have chosen.
This option does not include the features of the QuickBooks Desktop as you know that QuickBooks Online is completely different from the QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks hosting.
One important thing for you that this is the best option for professionals as well as businesses who need QuickBooks remote access frequently. But the requirements with the QuickBooks features are not dynamic.
Steps to Set Up Remote Access to QuickBooks
You firstly need to set up the QuickBooks remote access before you access it. So the procedure for setting up access is given below:
- Firstly, you need to sign up for the QuickBooks remote access on the Intuit official website.
- Then you have to login into your account on the QuickBooks remote access website. But yes you have to launch a web browser on the computer as it is very useful and also important as it is the browser from where you have to remotely access QuickBooks.
- After that, you have to click on the setup computer for downloading the remote access tool.
- In this step, you have to enter a computer nickname in the Nickname field and then click on next.
- Now you have to put a checkmark which is next to the options for initializing every time to log in into a remote session.
- After this step, you have to place a check-mark which is next to the application for accessing QuickBooks data remotely on this computer. Also, access only your QuickBooks account for the minimal monthly fee. So, you have to click on the Next button.
- At last, you have to look at the box for the authentication option to be used. You can either enter a password or you can use the phone number. So, you need to enter a password for the login page and the phone number option needs the tool to call you. Finally, you will be getting a message which will ask you for the access code every time. And then you have to click on the finish.
Procedure to Access QuickBooks Remotely
For accessing the QuickBooks remotely here you are the steps mentioned below it:
- Firstly, you need to open the browser.
- Then you have to open the remote access website and after then you need to log in to the account and also mark a tick on the checkbox of your nickname.
- After this, you have to click on the connect option.
- In this step, you need to authorize your desktop by using password authentication or phone authentication.
- Now, if you are using the phone authentication then you will be getting calls from the remote tool and then you will be prompted a message for the passcode. After this, you have to enter the passcode on the phone.
- At last, you can see a remote access drop-down menu and then click on it, and also you have to choose the end QuickBooks remote access session option.
Solutions of the Remote Access QuickBooks
There are two different solutions for remote access to QuickBooks. They are:
Traditional Remote Access to QuickBooks
In this, the remote access tools are available for QuickBooks which use to include the interruption remote access services from Intuit. These tools are named LogMeIn, R-HUB, TeamViewer.
You also need to connect remotely to the screen from another computer on running the QuickBooks.
Disadvantages of Traditional Remote Access
The remote user has access to the whole computer. So, they can see that what the remote users are working on.
Enhanced Remote Access to QuickBooks
With the help of remote access to your Desktop, you are logged into a user that will be running within the background of the system you are using. Even the remote desktop user can cash in on the improved remote access with some of the added features as:
- Workspace Session
- Desktop mode
- Application mode
In the above-given article, you have studied and get to know how to access QuickBooks files remotely by QuickBooks remote access tool. If in case after following all the steps of this article you are facing an issue at that time you can contact QuickBooks ProAdvisor and can discuss your issue and get the best and instant solutions.