Last Updated on January 11, 2021 by Editorial Team
As we all know that QuickBooks accounting software provides their user with lots of features like invoicing, tracking, reconciliation, expense management, budgeting, inventory, Payroll, etc. But sometimes some error occurs in this software due to any of their specific reason and QuickBooks update error 15241 is one of this error.
The reason for the error turns easier to understand once you recognize the code. However, simply knowing that isn’t sufficient when it comes to such issues. Error 15241 has been allocating to a particular kind of Payroll-related issue that happens during updating.
Sometimes, your PC may have a corrupted Microsoft Windows Installer or the QuickBooks software that you are installing hasn’t been installed accurately. If that isn’t the situation, the reason could be some missing PC settings or irregularities in Windows Registry.
What are the Causes And Sign of QuickBooks Error 15241
There are certain signs and side effects for each error and 15241 is not a special case. Here are a couple of ways for detecting causes and sign for QuickBooks Payroll error 15241 –
- Your software or the PC itself may crash in the worst cases.
- Sometimes, the PC might respond too slowly as well.
- Another way to realize that you could be facing this issue is when your PC freezes every once in a while.
- If you are attempting to install software while this software is also running, at that point it can raise a problem in the form of this error.
- Here, your PC is failing because of any reason, it can raise trouble in your QuickBooks software as well.
- If the software didn’t install effectively, at that point this issue will undoubtedly happen eventually.
- Like inappropriate installation, the failed uninstallation process can also mess with your software.
- Viruses and Malware are also error causes.
- If your PC undergoes improper shutdown or your software isn’t terminated appropriately, at that point you can get this issue.
- Have you unintentionally removed vital files of your QuickBooks software or the framework? If yes, at that point this could be an imaginable reason too.
Procedure to Resolve QuickBooks 15241 Error Code
Since you have an idea of what may have led to your concern, now take a look at the steps to solve the error that occurred in the different windows as they are discussed below:
Solution 1: For Windows 10, 8, 7
Here, you will be getting the solution for this error that occurred in window 10, 8, and 7:
- First, you have to close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- In this step, you have to go to the windows start button. Then you have to right-click on the computer and then verify for the manage.
- After this, for window 10 you have to click on the search button which is present on the taskbar. Then check for the computer, now right-click on the computer option and finally choose to manage.
- Now, under the manage, you have to go to the services and applications tab and double-click on the services.
- After this step, you have to look for the Intuit QuickBooks FCS and then double-click on the services.
- Then under the General tab, you have to select the startup type drop-down arrow and then you have to choose manual.
- At last, you have to choose to apply and then click on start and continue and click on ok.
Solution 2: For Windows XP
Here, you will be getting the solution for this error that occurred in the window XP:
- First, you have to close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- In this step, on the desktop, you have to go to my computer, you have to right-click on it and then you have to choose to manage. Then it opens the computer management screen.
- Then, you have to go to the services and applications and then you have to click on services as you can see the services window is opened.
- Now, you have to go down the page and then you have to double-click on the Intuit QuickBooks FCS service. Its window will be open as Intuit QuickBooks FCS properties.
- After this, you have to go to the general tab and then you have to click on the drop-down of the startup type and then you have to select manual.
- Now you have click ok.
- Then, you have to open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- And then you have to download the QuickBooks Desktop product updates.
- At last, you have to update the Payroll tax tables.
Solution 3: Update the Payroll Tax Table
Suppose you can prefer updating your Payroll tax table for fixing QuickBooks error codes. For downloading the Payroll tax table update in QuickBooks Desktop-
- First, you have to go to the employee’s menu then you have to select get Payroll updates.
- After then, you have to check in the download entire update checkbox and then you have to go to the update.
- Then a window will be appearing when the download is completed.
If the error is not solved by the above solutions then you can try this solution:
- First, you have to insert the Payroll update CD and then you have to open the get Payroll updates window.
- In this step, for QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier, you have to select the employee. Then you have to choose to get Payroll updates.
- Then, if you are proposed for determining the update.dat or update3.dat file, then in the install Payroll update window, you have to reply to the prompt or message shown.
- Now you have to agree on the browser.
- After this, from the Look in drop-down arrow, you have to select the CD drive.
- In this step, you have to choose either update.dat or update3.dat from the Payroll update disk and then click on the open option.
- Then, you have to choose ok in the Payroll update window.
- You now have to choose the Window start button and then quit QuickBooks Desktop
- After this, you have to go to my computer then you have to right-click on the CD drive and then select explore.
- Now, you have to insert the same CD into another computer and then you have to test if you are able to view the files.
- Then, you are able to view the files on the second computer which means that on the first computer, that you have a hardware problem with the CD drive.
- But if you cannot view the files on both computers, then you have to buy a new Payroll update disk by visiting by Intuit online store then choose Payroll. Now select view contact information.
- Now, you have to make sure that you are installing from the correct location in the install confirmation window, and then you have to examine the tax table versions in the current and the new fields that are also accurate.
- At last, you have to select install, a confirmation message arose when you are updating is completed or the new Payroll tax table is installed. Then a message will be shown on your screen, you have to read it and then choose ok.
If with the help of the above solutions your problem is not solved then you can follow this method for resolving the error:
- First, you have to close the QuickBooks.
- Then you have to go to my computer and then double-click on it and then choose to manage.
- After this, from the left pane, you have to choose services and applications.
- Now, from the middle pane, you have to click and then double-click on the services.
- In this step, you have to double-click on the Intuit QuickBooks FCS option.
- From the drop-down arrow, you have to click on the startup type and then look for the general tab and then select the manual option.
- At last, after performing all the steps which are discussed above now try to open the QuickBooks and then try to update QuickBooks again.
Hope the article is helpful for solving the Update error that is QuickBooks error 15241 code. In this article, we have discussed the causes and the solutions to the error 15241 code. If in case after following these steps your error is not solved or you are having any query at that time you can contact QuickBooks ProAdvisor and can get the quick and best solution to your issue.