Get started to learn what is QuickBooks Web Connector and how does it help?
Firstly, it is a Microsoft Windows application. And it permits web-based application services to exchange data with QuickBooks Desktop products (in general it including QuickBooks Financial Software and QuickBooks Point of Sale). Your web services are used in a web server, which possibly hosted locally or by a hosting service. In other words, you can automatically lineup the communication between different web services. Especially it is important to install Web Connector on the same machine as QuickBooks(or at least on the same local network.)
In fact, inbuilt Web Connector in QuickBooks Online comes. As a result that works over the Cloud. The online QuickBook Web connector application files with .qbw extension.
Presently few applications associated with QuickBooks POS handling fees with payment processors. In other cases, some application takes care of industries by providing specific solutions for manufacturing, automotive, healthcare, accounting, real estate, nonprofit and other industries well.
Those users who are involved in these activities such as CRM, Data Security, e-Commerce, HR, Inventory Management, and etc, in their business can also use applications. Before jumping to the next key point:
How to install Web Connector for QuickBooks Desktop
Now, try to give meaningful insight here we bring a bottom-line for you. More learning term is what is QuickBooks Web Connector Files in several steps. So, that you can learn quickly about the QWC Files.
What is QuickBooks Web Connector Files
The priority is to establish a relationship between your application and a remote instance of QuickBooks is to generate a QWC file. The particular application information about this file, and its requirements, as well as the access you need. For each user of your application, the QWC file necessarily required by the Create QWC File methods. The required features are:
- The App Description – A brief information of the application.
- App Name – Mention the name of the application.
- The App Support URL – A URL refers to where users can find support for your product.
- App URL – The App URL refers to your web application.
- File Id – Along with the Owner Id in QuickBooks company record GUID stored as an extension.
- The Owner Id – GUID identifies your application.
- User – The name of the user must use to access your web service.
Installation of Web Connector for QuickBooks Desktop
Before coming on the installation of Web Connector for QuickBooks Desktop. Let’s discuss some key points. In simple words, QuickBooks is using multiple users, then need to download and install the Web Connector application(.qwc.file) immediately. Particularly on every workstation in the network that needs to exchange information from Web Server.
Without delaying follow the installation process below:
- First, download the Quickbooks Web Connector Installer file.
- Now create a new folder in the C drive of your computer by the name of Temp.
- Then copy the installer file to the Temp created folder in the C drive.
- Extract the QuickBooks Web Connector zip file by right-clicking.
- Once again do the right-click on QuickBooksConnector.exe file & then select Run as Administrator.
- Finally after the installation process QuickBooks Web Connector icon will show in the system tray.
As you now understand the installation process of Web Connector for QB Desktop. Consequently, on the other side, there is a process of the Uninstall Web Connector app of QB Desktop. Let’s see how Web Connector application for QuickBooks Desktop is deleting from your computer with the help of following steps.
Uninstall of Web Connector for QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly, go to the Start Button and then to Control Panel.
- In case using Windows 7, then press Windows + R key and type Control Panel in the Run box and click on the OK button.
- Get on by clicking Uninstall a program under Program and Features section.
- For selecting Uninstall, double- click on the Web Connector.
- Might be possible QBWebConnector does not appear in the list, then go to C:\ Program Fies(x86)\ Common Files\ Temp folder\ QuickBooks and delete QBWebConnector file.
Hence, the just above article provide you knowledge about the uninstallation of web connector for QuickBooks Desktop in a simple way.
Notably, another important question comes from multiple users, that is how to add an application to the QuickBooks Web Connector. Therefore, for your good understanding, we try to explain in the easiest way.
How to Add an Application to the QBWebConnector?
- Open the Web Connector and click on the add application icon.
- The second step is to click on the browser and search the third party application’s .qwc file and then select.
- After the select that file, then click on open.
With the help of the above-mentioned steps users can be able to know how to add an application to the QBWebConnector. At the same time try to explain various problems one by one which is facing by users across overseas.
Process of disabling QuickBooks Web Connector
- Go to the Start Button and type QuickBooks Web Connector in the run command.
- Then do right-click from the list and select the Delete option.
- Now click on the Yes command.
- The last step is to disabling QB Web Connector will stop the app from auto-start and then QB Web Connector will not sync data with the online app.
Eventually, the most important thing to learn about .qwc file opening process in Web Connector. Therefore, we come here with an elementary mechanism of how to open QuickBooks Web Connector files in Web Connector.
How users can open QWC FILE in Web Connector
- From the QuickBooks, Application Store downloads the QWC file which is required.
- Next, from the download location double- click on the QWC file.
- Automatically QB Web Connector will open the QWC file.
- Now click on the OK button on the Authorize New Web Services Window.
- In the password field, enter the password and wait for a second or until QB Web Connector authorizes the application.
- In the final step, tick the checkbox beside the Web application and click the update selected.
Along with this another important factor to know about those products QuickBooks which is supported by WebConnector i.e., here we bring a summary for you.
WebConnector Supports The Quickbooks Products
The versions of the QuickBooks web connector 126.96.36.199 and old version can be used with any QuickBooks Desktop product which is supported by the QuickBooks SDK or the QBPOS SDK, along with these below-mentioned products:
- QuickBooks Enterprises Solutions.
- The QB Premier (2000 or later)
- The QB Pro (2002 or later)
- QB Simple Start (2006 or later)
- The U.S. editions of the QB Financial Software Products
- UK editions of QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise (2003 or later)
- Another one is Canadian editions of QB Pro, Premier, and Enterprise (2003 or later)
- Lest one but not the last QB Point of Sale (v4.0 or later) – QBWC 188.8.131.52 or earlier.
And the old version and QB Web Connector 184.108.40.206 only supports up to TLS 1.0.
Whereas further the new version and QuickBooks Web Connector 220.127.116.11 will only work with these below-mentioned QB versions:
- The QB Enterprises Solutions (2015 or later)
- QuickBooks Premier (2015 or later)
- U.S. edition of the QuickBooks Financial Software products
- And, the Canadian edition of QuickBooks (2015 or later)
- The utmost one is UK edition of the QuickBooks (2015 or later)
- The QB Pro (2015 or later)
Later on the new versions and QuickBooks Web Connector 18.104.22.168 support to TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2.
Nowaday, easily available the QuickBooks Web Connector software freely available in the market for all users.
An important point to realize that how users can able to stop the automatic opening of the QuickBooks web connector when putting the computer on. Follow these steps then you will able to prevent automatic opening completely.
Prevent Automatic Opening of the QB Web Connector While Turning On The Computers.
For the O/S 8 and 10, follow these points:
- Go to the Start Button and open the Run Window by pressing Windows + R on the keyboard.
- Then, type Shell: Start-up and Click OK button.
Whereas, for Windows 7, follow these below mentioned key points:
- Go to the Start Button, click and select All Programs from the taskbar.
- From the program list, choose a start-up.
- Then go to the QuickBooks Web Connector, right-click over it and select Delete.
- If command asks for shortcut delete then click on it.
In the final analysis, this editorial will guide you through basics and in easy way. Here in the above article some of the amazing benefits you will achieve in the end.
Like it helps you in effectively managing all your a/c receivables, allow multiple users to access it, but the last not the least it is secure and affordable.
For more learning read the detailed summary with complete information. According to the latest report, the Web Connector comes inbuilt in the QuickBooks Online. If you need any support, feel free to contact us on QuickBooks Online Support.