QuickBooks is accounting software helpful for small businesses to manage sales and keep a record of daily transactions. We can use it to give an invoice to customers, pay bills, generate reports, tax filing and much more. In account balancing reconciliation is an integral part, and it creates more problems than a solution when we do it ourselves. QB accounting software provides a great feature by which we can reconcile our account and undo reconciliation without doing it manually. In desktop versions like- QB Pro, Premier, and Enterprise we can easily undo/delete reconciliation in QuickBooks Online by following some simple steps.
But in the case of QBO, we need to register to un-reconciled each transaction independently. If the bank statement is not corresponding to the balance sheet, then it is important to un-reconcile the QB transactions.
Why do we need Undo/Delete Reconciliation in QuickBooks?
The recorded date was wrong, when a user makes a payment in past date, that payment was recorded. With the help of undo and delete bank reconciliation, the error in the statement date can be easily corrected.
Wrong bank statement date-
The date on the bank statement is simply recorded wrong due to some reasons. In that situation simply user must go to QB.
Incorrect bank reconciliation-
Mistakes can be made either by a human or a software. Some users made an error during reconciliation, means an incorrect data record. To improve it, users go to delete or undo bank reconciliation in QB.
Simple And Easy Ways To Undo/delete Online Accountant
Here is a list of simple and easy ways to undo and delete reconciliation in QB online accountant. They are as follows:
- First of all Click on the Gear option.
- Then click on Reconcile under tools.
- This is the most important step here we can select the bank account that we want to delete ur undo bank reconciliation.
- After that select the reconciliation month that you want to delete or undo.
- After that, an undo button is showing to the just right of the Auto Adjustment Column.
- Just click on undo button.
- Then go for the OK option.
- After completing these step finally a success window is open.
- In the end, click on the OK button.
Steps To Perform Undo/delete Reconciliation In QuickBooks Online
Below are the steps to perform delete and undo reconciliation. They are as follows:
- First of all, locate the banking option from the left menu of QB.
- Simply click on the banking option.
- After that choose the account.
- simply go to the register/account history which can be seen above in the action column.
- Then look again un-reconciled transaction one by one.
- And then highlight the tab on the transaction.
- After that just click the Tab button on the R on the top line transaction that is simply located between the Amount and Depositor charge and Payment account.
- Simply click in this field give you permission to change all the transactions status and simply done to the desired status from bank= un-reconciled to c=clear.
- Now just save the progress.
- After that, a pop has appeared that displaying an image.
- This is the last step, simply click on the OK button.
Benefits Of Bank Reconciliation Transaction In QBO
This software always provides amazing benefits to its users such as:
Records all types of Transaction-
If you are a QB user and using your QB account, then it handles all the transactions of your bank account.
QB always update important data and reports.
This software also maintains financial reports such as profit and loss, balance sheet and also all cash flow statements.
No error or discrepancy-
It always maintains the books at a highly secure and safe level. All the transactions will be displayed in QB panel.
In this blog, there are steps explaining how to perform reconciliation in QB Online. After following the above steps, you are able to undo reconciliation in QuickBooks Online easily. If you are still unable to do then you can simply contact QuickBooks Online Support experts for instant help.