If whenever you accidentally delete your transactions in QuickBooks and you don’t know how to restore your deleted transactions. This blog helps you to restore deleted transactions. There are two ways to recover deleted transactions. First is Audit Trail and the second is Backup File. By mistake lost transactions through a computer error or data loss can be restored using a backup file, provided by backup if turned on. Below you can find the steps they can help you to restore deleted transactions in QuickBooks. You can also get a solution to this topic to call our QuickBooks Online Support phone number.
How to Restore Deleted Transactions in Quickbooks:
- Click on the Report button on the top menu bar.
- Scroll down and click on Accountants & Taxes Button
- When the side menu open
- Click on the Audit Trail tab
- Click on the Form date range box.
- Then select the day you remember the transaction was deleted.
- For the To date.
- Choose either the same day and you don’t know what the day is.
- You can report by the week or month.
- Click on the Refresh button and Audit Trail will display all transactions within the date range you specify.
- Scroll in the list of transactions.
- Double-click on the deleted file.
- Make a note of each item in the transaction.
- Re-enter the deleted transaction detail. If it is an invoice that is deleted by mistake.
- Create a new invoice with detail from the deleted transactions.
- If it is a bill or a bill payment.
Using Backup file to Restore transactions.
If the deleted transaction is one of a few transactions you can restore the most recent backup file. To do this
- Open Restore Company button
- Select on the QuickBooks File menu and scroll down.
- Click on the Restore a Backup Copy button
- Click Next. If you store the backup to an external drive or flash drive choose the local backup option and click on next button
- Find the current backup copy saved on your computer.
- Choose the location
- Click “OK”. When you see the most recent backup,
- Double click on the recent backup file and then click on “OK” button.
- Select the location where you want to save this backup file. After locating the backup file, the software asks you to specify where you want to save the new company file.
- Choose the default location of the external drive or flash drive that you currently use and click on “OK” button.
- Open the file and check for the presence of deleted transactions.
- Re-enter transactions entered between the time that the transactions were deleted and the time restored them.
- Re-enter all the data entered after the deleted transaction as required.
You can find here how to restore deleted transactions in QuickBooks. Just follow my all simple steps to get a solution on this topic and you can connect us on our QuickBooks Support phone number by calling to get more information about QuickBooks.