If you sell your company’s products or services on credit. And then you accept payment from your customer. This needs to be implemented correctly for QB. Here are some steps by which you can set up recurring payments in QuickBooks. Accepting payments in QuickBooks also helps you to maintain an accurate accounts receivable balance. Some QuickBooks user does not know how to pay in QB. First, you need to set up payments in QuickBooks. However, if you are a new QuickBooks user and such thoughts come to your mind then this blog helps you in solving your questions. If you need any support, then you can also dial our QuickBooks Support Phone Number. Below are some possible steps by which you can easily pay in QuickBooks.
Points To Remember Before Recurring Payments In QuickBooks
- Ensure that you have a QuickBooks Payments account linked to your QuickBooks Desktop.
- QBO uses a different procedure for recurring payments.
- Recurring payment setup for bank transfer transactions is not available at the time.
- Since recurring transactions are not swiped, therefore they are processed at a keyed rate.
- Get notification on your primary contact email every time so that you can process a transaction.
Steps to Set up Payments in QuickBooks:
- Go to your company’s settings
- Click on the gear icon then Account and Settings
- Click payment
- No matter how much payment you expect to receive per month, we have you covered
- Choose payment for the plan that works best for you.
- Click Set up payment to get started
- Tell us about your business now
- Enter information about your business including bank account where you want your customers to submit payment
- Then tell us about you
- Tell us more about yourself so that we can verify you using QuickBooks Payments.
- Select a bank account.
- Tell us which bank account in QuickBooks that you want to use to record the deposit. This is the bank account you entered a routing number for earlier.
- Now you can ask for payment on the invoice and even include the Pay Now button.
- Click the plus sign icon Invoice.
- When you are creating your invoice, be sure to select the types of payment you will accept.
- Then click save and send your customer an invoice.
- You can also get payments.
- Click on the plus icon then go paid.
- Fill your credit card details.
- Enter your customer credit card number
- You can also choose to swipe your customer card.
- Create a sales receipt if the customer pays you at the time of sale.
- Go to the Plus sign menu and choose Sales Receipt under Customers.
- Next select Credit Card as the payment method.
Set up QuickBooks to automatically charge your customers a set amount at regular intervals –
- First, open a sales receipt.
- Then choose a customer or enter a new one.
- Next, select the product or service you provide for the customer.
- Choose a credit card payment option.
- Now the important part is: click on Recurring.
- Enter a name for the template that you will recognize.
- Choose Scheduled as Type.
- Enter the interval will use to charge your customer.
- Enter the start date for the automatic charge.
- Now enter how often you want to pay your customer.
- Click Save Template.
- To make it legal then you will need to sign an authorization form allowing your customer to automatically charge your credit card.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.What happens to my old recurring charges?
Ans All your existing recurring charges in ACCB will be seamlessly migrated to Recurring Payments while preserving all of your valuable data. There is no need to create your existing recurring charges again. This update is completely safe and secure.
2.How to access recurring payments outside QuickBooks?
Ans You can now access and manage your recurring payments outside QuickBooks with Merchant Service Center.
- Firstly, sign in to your Merchant Service Center account.
- Then select Processing Tools
- And click on Create a Recurring Charge.
- Now choose Create a Recurring Payment to set up a new charge
- Or click on Manage Recurring Payments to edit, schedule and manage your recurring charges.
3.How do I manually record payments within QB?
Ans To manually record a payment, follow these steps such as:
- First, navigate to Merchant Service Deposits.
- On the Record Merchant Service Deposit screen, select the recurring charges you want to record.
- Then click on Add Selected Payments.
- On the Receive Payments screen, click Save and then Close.
- Once a payment is added, you can also create an invoice too.
- Now select Need Invoice.
- Go to the Record tab and choose the transactions you want to record.
In this blog, set up recurring payments in QuickBooks. Here are some steps telling you how to steps to Set Up Payments in QuickBooks. To know more about QuickBooks Services then contact our QuickBooks Online Support experts.