Do you want to know how can you keep your software up-to-date so that you get the latest features and fixes?. Users can update QuickBooks Desktop automatically or manually. In case you turn on Automatic Updates, QuickBooks will automatically download and installs the latest release updates once they’re released. And even if you want to do updates yourself, you should check for updates at least once a month.
How can you check if you have the latest release version
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Now to open the Product Information window, press F2 or Ctrl+1.
- Find the current version and release of your QuickBooks desktop.
Know in case you have these latest available releases for your product:
- QuickBooks 2020
- QuickBooks 2019
- Or, QuickBooks 2018
How to set up automatic updates
- Open the Help menu and click on the Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the Update Now tab. Note: if you choose the Reset Update checkbox it will clear all previous update downloads.
- Click on Get Updates to start the download process.
- Once the download process finishes, restart your QuickBooks.
- When prompted the message, accept the option in order to install the new release.
How to schedule future automatic updates
In case you do not want to download updates this moment then you can schedule them to download later on. In this process QuickBooks automatic download updates once they released.
Here is how you can schedule:
- Open the Help menu and click on Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the Options tab.
- To turn on automatic updates click on the yes option. Note: Click on Yes for each computer if you want to share automatic downloads with other systems on your network,.
- Click on Close.
How to do manual updates
Step 1: Download the latest updates:
- Firstly close the company files and QuickBooks application.
- Go to the Windows Start menu.
- Find out the QuickBooks Desktop. Right-click on the icon and again click to Run as administrator.
- When you are on the No Company Open screen, open the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now open the Options tab. Click on Mark All and then choose Save.
- Open the Update Now tab and hit on the Reset Update checkbox.
- Once you’re done, click on Get Updates.
Install the updates
After the downloading process of update complete, close, and restart your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Click on the yes button to install the updates.
- And after the install finishes, restart your system.
How to get updates from the internet
- Open the Downloads and Updates page.
- Go to the Country dropdown menu, choose your country.
- In the Select Product dropdown menu, choose your product.
- Open the choose Version dropdown, click on your version (year).
- Click on the Search option.
- Choose to Get updates. Save your downloaded file where you can find it easily.
How to updates for Multi-User Mode in QuickBooks Pro and QuickBooks Premier
If you are using QuickBooks Pro or Premier in multi-user mode, then you will have to install the update on each system that has installed QuickBooks Pro or QuickBooks Premier on it.
You can either connect to the Internet from each system that has installed QuickBooks on it or can download the latest update to one system on the network and can share it.
Each and every QuickBooks Pro or Premier users on your network should have to complete the following process to share the latest update:
- Go to the shared company file.
- Click on the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks.
- Choose the Options
- Click on the Share Download checkbox to Yes.
- Select the Save button
In order to download the latest QuickBooks updates successfully, follow the above-mentioned steps correctly in the blog. In case you face trouble at any point, our certified ProAdviser will guide you. You can also call us on our QuickBooks Error Support line at +1-844-442-0333.