Last Updated on December 10, 2020 by Editorial Team
Quickbooks clean install tool plays a vital role to resolve your QuickBooks company file issues. With the help of this tool, you can resolve the issue that prevents to open the company file. It also resolves the display and template issues.
In simple words, this tool removes the QuickBooks Desktop software, along with the files that are used to install it. A fear arises in the mind of many QuickBooks users that they are losing the company accounting data, but it is assured that the clean installation of QuickBooks software would not affect the accounting data of their company.
It includes the uninstallation of QuickBooks Desktop for Windows, remaining the installation files and after that reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop software. So, here we go with the article.
How to use Clean install tool in QuickBooks
In this article, we discussed each step related to the clean installation process in detail. Thus we expect that at the end of this topic, the entire procedure of the clean installation of QuickBooks is understood.
Some essential notes for QuickBooks clean installation
- First of all, ensure that the download file or Installation CD of QuickBooks Desktop, license number, and the product key is available.
- Create the backup of your company file, though there are the least chances of losing data, to be on a safer side it is always recommended.
- You should download a CD for the use of setup the QuickBooks.
- Note down the License number and product number of your QuickBooks product.
- Make sure to keep a backup of the file for future use.
- Always sign your system as a windows administrator for the below step.
- Make sure that your device completes the installation process.
Collect your QuickBooks product details
- First of all download the installer for your QuickBooks product.
- You will get your license number instantly. Make sure it has original packaging or you get the purchase confirmation email in case you bought a digital version.
- Note down your product version and year.
Users can also get their product details from the account management portal.
Steps to back up the company file
- Click on the QuickBooks icon to open the application.
- Go to the File option and create a local backup from the Backup company option.
- There is a choice either choose the Online Backup option or Local Backup option as per your preference.
- Click on the Next button and follow the instructions on the screen to complete it.
Step 1- Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- First of all, Press the window button.
- Type control panel in the search box and press the enter button.
- Now click on the Programs and Features option.
- In the list of Programs search the QuickBooks.
- Click on QuickBooks and then click on the Uninstall option.
- Now follow the prompts to complete the process.
Step 2- Rename the installation folder
The next step of this process is to rename the installing folders. For renaming the folders QuickBooks users also use the QuickBooks install tool. This tool renames the old install folders automatically for the users. This tool also allows the QuickBooks to add new install files later at the time of reinstall. For those who look for the manual procedure to rename the folders, they can opt for a manual rename option and rename the QuickBooks installation folders.
Occur Error: Rejected folder name when renaming
- First of all, right-click on the Windows taskbar.
- After that click on the task manager.
- Click on the Process tab and then choose the option Image name column header, for figuring out the processes alphabetically.
- Choose the QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe files.
- And then click on the end task button.
After doing the following step the last step is to click on the OK button on the message that appears on the screen stating Warning- in case you end the process that will lead to undesired results including the Data Loss and System instability.
Step 3- Re-installation of QuickBooks Desktop
If you have QuickBooks installation CD, insert it into the computer, read and follow the instruction of the window to complete the installation process.
If you have purchased the QuickBooks from Intuit website, login to your QuickBooks account and download the installation setup.
Once the setup is downloaded. Run the setup. After that enter the license number and product key of your QuickBooks desktop in the installation wizard which can be found on:
- CD box.
- Online order email.
With this step, we come to the end of this article. As we said at the starting of the article that clean installation is a step-by-step process and skipping any of the steps might create an unwanted problem for the users. While ending this article, we expect that after reading this article, you might be able to deal with the QuickBooks clean installation procedure in the best possible ways.