Last Updated on December 11, 2020 by Editorial Team
QuickBooks error 6000 304 is a part of QB 6000 series errors and is related to the company file. This error appears on the user screen when they try to open the QuickBooks company file. QuickBooks Error 6000 304 indicates that there is not enough disk space available to open the file. It is also possible that running a user account has reached its limit. So, here first learn QuickBooks error 6000 304.
What is QuickBooks Error 6000 304
QuickBooks Error 6000 304 occurs when there is shortage of space on your hard disk or quotes dedicated to your hard disk are inactive mode. Or your accounting software running has crossed its memory usage limit.
Why QuickBooks Error 6000 304 Occurs
There are mainly three reasons behind the occurrence of this error such as:
- When there is no adequate space to load the QB company file.
- Exceeds its memory use and has reached the breaking points.
- Absence of security software.
Step By Step Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 304
Are you finding the same problem? If yes, do not worry because we are here to help you. Let solve these problems together and help to complete your safe zone. If you have any problems while following the steps, please make sure you contact our QuickBooks Online Support for more. We are a team of experts who will help you solve your problem better so do not hesitate to seek help in need.
Solution 1:- Repairing your QuickBooks Desktop.
- to repair the QuickBooks desktop, Go to the Start menu.
- Click on the control panel and select programs.
- Select the programs and features option.
- Choose QuickBooks and click on the uninstall option.
- You have to click on next in the QuickBooks installation window.
- Now select the radio button next to Repair.
- Click the next option then click on Repair.
- Click on Finish.
Solution 2:- Run Repair Command.
You can fix for QuickBooks Error Code 6000 304 by repairing an existing QuickBooks installation. Make sure to close QuickBooks, before the following steps.
- Click on go to start.
- Click on the control panel and choose Programs.
- Select QuickBooks and click on the uninstall option.
- The QB installation window, click on next
- Then Choose the radio button next to repair.
- Click next and then click repair
- Click on finish
Solution 3:- Do Clean Installation.
Before performing clean installation of your accounting software, it is strongly recommended to keep the backup of all your QB company files. When the backup is done, then go through this step.
- Firstly uninstall the QB software then again reinstall it in order to perform clean installation of QB accounting software.
Solution 4:- Check if you have sufficient disk space available.
- You have to click on my computer
- Where your company file is placed, you have to right-click on the disk and click on properties.
- Check for free can either move your company file to another disk or free some disk space on your current hard disk if you don’t have enough.
- Click on the Quota tab while your hard disk has enough space. You will see a spotlight icon, on the side of the screen.
- When the stoplight is green this means that disk quotas are set.
- You contact an IT professional for changing the quotas.
- Turn off the hard disk Quotas.
- You have to either raise the Quotas if there is a want or remove the disk quota from the account on which your company file is stored.
Solution 5: Uninstall and then reinstall the QuickBooks file
- In the case of this error, it becomes mandatory to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks file in order to remove the error and avoid further damages.
- Go to the Start menu.
- Choose the control panel by searching the Control
- Hit on the Programs.
- Right-click and select to uninstall the QuickBooks File.
- When uninstall is completed, reinstall your QuickBooks file again on your desktop.
We hope all steps help you to fix your QuickBooks Error 6000 304 and you make feel better to use your QuickBooks. For more information, you canhire a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and share your questions and concerns with our expert team.