Last Updated on December 14, 2020 by
QuickBooks error 155 says that your Financial Institution is not giving permission QuickBooks to connect and retrieve the data. In case you are facing this error, do not worry we are here to resolve your issue. In order to fix this issue, you should contact your bank server and apply for a request to permit the connection. If you are still getting the error unresolved, tell your bank representative to upvote your issue with the OFX Connectivity page for resolution.
On the other way, as an alternate solution, users can upload their bank transactions into QuickBooks Online with the help of Web Connector. It is quite similar to the issue that results due to the multi-factor authentication type of accounts. Here, you will get to know more about error 155 and tips on how to resolve it.
Why Users Face QuickBooks Banking Error 155
Before we move on to the steps of resolving error 155, it is essential that we understand the reasons behind it. They include:-
- The bank’s server has some problems
- When the bank changes its name and the server does not update the same, this leads to an error.
- Trouble in the connection of the internet.
- Data mishandling and fraud are also two of the major problems of the banking problem.
While these are the common reasons, there could be other causes as well. But now let’s move forward and understand the steps to resolve the problem completely.
Solutions for Rid of the QuickBooks Error 155
There are four of the most useful ways to fix error 155. You may find that the issue is lightly similar to the QuickBooks Error 404, but the solutions for both the problems are different. Kindly read all the steps carefully to ensure the best results.
Solution 1- Manual Updates
- Start by clicking on Banking right after opening the QuickBooks accounting software.
- Now, select the update option tab.
- Choose the account that you require to update.
- Type the Multi-Factor Authorization (MFA) credentials and then click on Continue
Solution 2- Keep a Note of the exact time of the Updates
- Just sign in to your accounting software and click on the Banking option available on the left.
- After that press on the update option tab.
- Open and view the last update section and then note down the correct time and date & time of the update.
Solution 3- Import and Update the Bank Transactions
- To Fix QuickBooks error 155, login to your bank’s website and download the transaction.
- After downloading, select a specific date that is earlier than 90 days.
- Now, select QuickBooks Supported File from the choices displayed on the screen.
- Then, open your QuickBooks accounting software, go into banking after the update, and click on manually upload transactions.
- Read the guidelines given to complete the full process.
Solution 4- Adjust the Internet Security and Firewall Settings
- Firstly, you need to open the QuickBooks main window.
- Then, select Settings and search for the program that you want to change the permission for.
- Make changes and adjustments in the Firewall Settings.
Fix your QuickBooks Error 155 with this blog and if you want an instant solution contact QuickBooks ProAdvisor. Our Expert team resolves you’re all problem-related QuickBooks without wasting your time. We hope that’s all steps are helpful for all QuickBooks users.